1. Becoming a member of the Cayman Islands Cadet Corps (CICC) you’ll have many opportunities to develop the kinds of skills, qualifications and personal qualities that can help you to reach much further in life – whether that’s going to college or university or starting your career.
2. As a cadet, you get to take part in various fun, adventurous, competitive, challenging and electrifying activities such as; fieldcraft, adventure training, first aid, music, various sports, kayaking, sailing, and shooting, to name but a few.
3. You will make lots of new friends and get the opportunity to go to an annual camp where you will meet cadets from other detachments in the Cayman Islands and from around the world. You may even get to go on expeditions to amazing places in the Caribbean Region or even further abroad.
4. The Army Proficiency Certificate (APC) training syllabus will teach you leadership skills, discipline and give you the self-confidence you never thought possible. You will learn a wide range of transferable skills such as the ability to command tasks; make decisions under pressure; plan and organize tasks and work as an effective team player as well as independently. These skills will equip you for life and add an extra string to your bow at times when competition for college places and employment is fierce.
5. Through your cadet training, you can also gain valuable qualifications such as the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, BTEC Award in Teamwork and Personal Skills or Music or the ILM Certificate in Team Leading.
6. You have options: LAND, MARINE, or BAND the Cayman Islands Cadet Corps offers you a variety. Become a Cadet today.
Click here to register